Receiving Stores Specialist 1
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Receives, stores and issues materials required for the building of product at TWMC. Receives and distributes a wide variety of tooling and supplies. Performs transactions in the computer system to receive, store and issue. Runs the stacker system to store and retrieve material including NEMA Motors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Unloads materials from delivery equipment and inspects for visual damage. Coordinates the filing of a damage claim with the traffic specialist.
- Opens boxes and verifies the count of material against packing list to determine if there are shortages.
- Moves materials to Quality Control and to Stores after receipt.
- Stores materials in a location and records the location for retrieval.
- Issues materials to the shop floor or work orders for manufacturing.
- Works with Purchasing to resolve problems and/or discrepancies associated with receipts.
- Enters receiving, storing and issuing information into the computer.
- Assists the Operations and Quality departments as required in overload situations.
- Runs the stacker system to store and retrieve materials and NEMA Motors.
- Packs and ships parts and NEMA Motors, including hazardous materials.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, the Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions.
- Required to obtain in house forklift certification and overhead crane certification.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Departmental – Frequent – Discuss problems with receipts or issues with buyers or production coordinators.
- Interdepartmental – Frequent – Discuss receipts deliveries or supplies or other items needed.
- Outside TWMC – Infrequent – Work with trucking companies and delivery services on damage claims.
To be successful at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.