Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Manages sales activities of domestic sales. Position leads sales team focused on OEMs, Distributors or National Accounts. Must have solid industry experience selling motors or drives. Must be willing to travel 50% of the time. Location is negotiable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates
- Directs staffing, training, and performance management to develop and manage field sales personnel
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals
- Advises dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
- Assigns sales territory to company sales representatives and manufacturers’ representatives
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product
- Delivers sales presentations to key clients in coordination with sales representatives
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals
- Personally manages relationships with key customers
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units
- Presents regional financials, strategies, and activities to the executive team and other stakeholders
- Promotes teamwork between other sales regions and TECO-Westinghouse Headquarters
- Promotes teamwork in “cross border” opportunities with TECO-Westinghouse Motors Mexico and TECO-Westinghouse Motors Canada Inc.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements
- Oversees field sales offices to ensure proper and professional operations, including site selection, purchase and use of office equipment, furnishings, communication resources and company records
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications
- Prepares reports for product General Managers showing sales volume, potential sales, credit and areas of proposed existing customer base expansion and for new customer
- Request Grants of Authority (GOA) requests to product General Managers to promote customer requirements that exceed company policy
- Assists and provides sales report input for product research and development
- Monitors, evaluates and provides field intelligence for activities and products of the competition
- Assists in customer invoice collection
- Travel to Taiwan and Mainland China to support company related business including customer factory visits
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, compliance with Company affirmative action plan and Company safety procedures and maintaining a drug free workplace is required
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail and follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a total quality environment through personal commitment to excellence
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions)
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
Proven track record of successful sales in field sales positions dealing directly with customers. Ability to use computer software programs of Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Ability to write reports and prepare presentations using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; and five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers
- Write speeches, reports, manuals, correspondence, and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format
- Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors
- As required, based on job responsibilities, education, and customer specific needs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education, and customer specific needs.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Directly supervisors field sales personnel in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.