Sales Team Manager-Quotatioons
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX US
This is a supervisory position. Job provides support to the Business Unit (BU) General Manager, which may include product management, budget control, vacation and time recording providing technical and commercial support to the Team. Provide training of Products, Procedures and commercial selling techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist BU General Manager in daily operations.
- Handle issues or problems that can be handled without reaching the BU General Manager.
- Provides feedback on all quality and product design issues.
- Monitor subordinates progress & provide feedback on improvement.
- Provide strategies on new projects and how they can result in an order.
- Monitor and maintain budget for particular department.
- Monitor and maintain personnel records for holiday, vacation, etc.
- Up hold selling policies 4500 and 51X.
- Offer technical and commercial advice on TECO – Westinghouse and/or TECO products.
- Provide end-of-month and quarterly reports concerning Bookings.
- Provides Sales training within TWMC..
- Train and Mentor new inside applications people for future self-reliance on customer visits, presentations, and technical meetings.
- Manage a team of Application Specialist and Project Administrators in order to handle orders from inquiry through shipment.
- Deal with customer issues relative to pricing, delivery and other concerns.
- Attend meetings/presentations concerning TWMC business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required and including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
Directly supervises employees, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Monitor co-workers progress & provide feedback on improvement.
Monitor and maintain personnel records for holiday, etc.
Train and Mentor new inside application specialist and project administrators for future self-reliance on customer visits, presentations, and technical meetings.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To be qualified for this position, an individual must possess these critical skills and/or abilities and must be able to demonstrate the use of them.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.