Service Application Specialist
Review customer specifications and requirements to price service repairs, components, field service and associated service product lines. Make written and telephone quotations; answer customer inquiries; assist in sales presentations and closing orders; work within company guidelines regarding pricing, delivery, terms and conditions, and service and product offering; develop product knowledge and sales skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review customer specifications and collaborate with service engineering to develop a repair work scope.
- Prepare a cost estimate by gathering vendor proposals, specifications, customer related documents; and identifying labor, material and time requirements.
- Negotiate Terms and Conditions.
- Negotiate repair inquiries and obtain and interpret orders.
- Develop service quotations and scope of work to maintain profit margin and sales targets.
- Maintain negotiation records, cost estimate and service proposals.
- Provide direct support to customers to identify their needs and help solve their problems or complaints.
- Promote team efforts in selling by acting as the internal advocate and liaison for TWMC Field Sales and customers. Conduct correspondence and negotiations with customers and TWMC.
- Work with service engineering and manufacturing engineering on complex motor repairs to estimate costing.
- Gain product knowledge on all service related processes.
- Contribute to monthly reports as required.
- Provide feedback on competitive pricing strategy.
- Support customer’s representatives concerning potential and existing orders.
- Be cognizant of antitrust laws and company policies.
- Become familiar with customers’ business practices and procedures as they relate to his/her duties.
- Increase technical competence and develop professionally for Service Application Specialist.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other related additional responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- Daily contact with Field Sales Representatives.
- Daily contact with customers via telephone and written correspondence.
- Frequent contact with TWMC Operations, Service Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, and Service Project Administration.
- Occasional overnight travel for customer visits.
- Promote TWMC Personnel and Facility Capabilities through coordination of and hosting customer visits to TWMC’s facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration; or 2-4 years related experience and /or training in Industrial Products; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer experience with proficient knowledge of Outlook, Excel and Word.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standards, operating and maintenance instructions, white papers and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense and understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Drive to learn new skills, acquire knowledge and apply to practical situations.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and the general public.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.