Service Shop Supervisor
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Supervises one or more TECO-Westinghouse manufacturing/service department(s). Responsibilities include management of assigned areas of plant, scheduling and directing the daily activities of personnel as needed to accomplish short and long term manufacturing objectives, communicating product status, and driving improvements in safety, cost, quality, cycle time and productivity.
Manages all resources allocated to assigned manufacturing area(s). Coordinates closely with other department supervisors, engineering, purchasing, planning, and other support functions, as required to ensure quality, cost and schedule objectives are met.
Service Department specific duties include communicating and interfacing closely with customer representatives during the disassembly, inspection, testing, and reassembly processes for motor repair or servicing. The supervisor will actively participate in decision making and directing or redirecting work, frequently in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promote safe work habits and ensure employee compliance with all safety policies.
- Promote and maintain quality workmanship and product.
- Ensure inspection, quality, and other documentation is accurate and complete.
- Provide motor repair recommendations and input to service engineering, based on observations and experience.
- Manage overtime utilization, and re-allocate or share resources with other departments as needed to maintain overall factory balance between workload and labor capacity, in order to minimize cost while maintaining schedule.
- Resolve quality, productivity and process issues. Recommend process changes when needed or when beneficial to product quality, production efficiency, or safety.
- Implement and coordinate productivity improvement projects.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop in assigned areas.
- Maintain a disciplined work force.
- Assure on time delivery of product.
- Support field service activities on and off site, when required.
- Train subordinates. Ensure team members receive training and that performance meets established manufacturing and quality standards.
- Communicate status of customer orders.
- With the assistance of others, investigate manufacturing errors or in-process failures, determine root cause / corrective action, and develop an effective recovery plan.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Minimum of five years of experience with the repair or manufacture of large electric motors, generators or similar electromechanical equipment.
One to three years of supervisory experience preferred, as is a BSME/BSIE/BSEE, or AS degree in a technical specialty.
Lean Manufacturing /Six Sigma or similar continuous improvement experience is also preferred.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.