Service Shop Technician
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
The Service Shop Technician performs various tasks related to large electric motor repair, including visual inspection, measurement, testing, cleaning, disassembly, component repair or replacement, and re-assembly after repair. Work is normally performed on-premise, within the shop environment, although there may be occasional need/opportunity to travel in support of field service work.
Work is performed in accordance with established work instructions, specifications, and project specific work plans. Assignments are expected to be performed with general direction, and are received from a Team Leader or Supervisor. The individual will also assist more highly skilled team members and will assist and train lower level team members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primarily works in the designated service area, but may also be required to work in a variety of manufacturing areas to include machining, winding, coil and other assembly, painting, testing and shipping, on an as needed basis.
- Visually inspects incoming motors received for repair, noting overall condition, defects & damage.
- Performs initial disassembly, inspection, testing, and measurement of subassemblies or components.
- Demonstrates specialized skills such as welding, metals joining, equipment operation, and/or motor manufacturing or repair process knowledge.
- Performs in-process quality checks to include electrical testing, close tolerance measuring and documentation.
- Operates move equipment and makes normal overhead crane lifts.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
TO APPLY CLICK HERE:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.