Sr. Accountant II
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
This role is a senior level contributor to our Accounting team. As such, the Sr. Accountant II will plan, develop, coordinate, administer and perform the principal accounting and financial activities of the company, utilizing the latest techniques, procedures and methods. The role may also train or guide junior team members, as needed.
• Prepare consolidated and stand-alone financial statements for US, Canadian, Chinese and Mexican based entities.
• Assist in the external audit process to ensure the data is provided and in compliance with the regulations.
• Develop, review or implement new procedures, methods, systems and techniques for processing financial data. Ensure adequate controls and utilization of the latest and best accounting principles.
• Advise accounting management of the current business costs and trends, and prepare and issue reports concerning such costs and trends to ensure that financial objectives are met.
• Assist in the preparation of costing rates used to develop product costs and establish standards or objectives.
• Investigate the costs variance and explain the cause and effect. Propose to the management of corrective action.
• Prepare federal Income tax reporting which includes: filing estimates and annual returns, and coordinating estimates and return with tax consultants.
• Conduct annual physical inventories, including those in Round Rock or at assigned regional warehouses.
• Provide technical guidance, instruction and assistance to lower classified accounting personnel.
• Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
• Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
• Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, company Affirmative Action Plan and company Safety procedures.
• Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, and follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
• Any additional duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
- The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse and external stakeholders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree (B. A. in Accounting or Finance) from four-year college or university; at least five years of related experience and/or training in general accounting, budgeting, or cost accounting, with a comprehensive understanding of GAAP and IFRS; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• An advanced degree (MBA) may be substituted in lieu of some of the experience requirement (up to two years).
• To be qualified for this position, an individual must possess these critical skills and/or abilities and must be able to demonstrate the use of them.
• Extensive experience with personal computer software, including spreadsheet and word processing programs, is required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- CPA preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Strong communication and people skills are essential for effectively interacting with customers. Computer skills required: Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Read, write, analyze, and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages. Apply fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Define problem, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.