Systems Automation Product Manager
Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Job provides support to the Business Unit (BU) General Manager, which include setting product and price strategy, working with suppliers to provide TWMC with right and competitive product lines, product management, product budget control, developing and growing the business, vacation and time recording providing technical and commercial support to the Team. Provide training of Products, Procedures and commercial selling techniques.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist BU General Manager in daily operations.
- Set product and price strategy.
- Work with TECO and other suppliers to provide TWMC with right and competitive product lines.
- Supervises the Automation Engineer Specialists, provides day to day direction.
- Develop and grow OEM and Distribution business.
Handle issues or problems that can be handled without reaching the BU General Manager.
Assists factory with product manuals to ensure suitability for domestic marketplace.
- Upgrade firmware and test software as provided by TECO.
- Visit customer sites to discuss product needs and requirements for applications and industries.
- Attends Trade Shows to support sales effort, improve product visibility and obtain feedback on current product and market trends.
- Travel to TECO manufacturing facilities, corporate headquarters, subsidiaries or customer sites as required to perform job responsibilities.
- Develop product presentations as required.
- Provide product training at factory or customer site.
- Monitor co-workers progress & provide feedback on improvement.
- Coordinates Corrective Action Warranty claims with factory personnel and internal warranty team.
- Ensures TECO reimbursement for warranty claims are met in a timely manner.
- Coordinates Field Service and start up assistance with warranty team.
- Provide strategies on new projects and how they can result in an order.
- Monitor and maintain budget for particular department.
- Monitor and maintain personnel records for holiday, vacation, etc.
- Work with inventory team to monitor and maintain proper inventory/spare part levels in warehouse locations.
- Up hold selling policy 4500T.
- Offer technical and commercial advice on TECO – Westinghouse and/or TECO products and designs.
- Provide end-of-month and quarterly reports concerning Bookings.
- Provides Sales and Service training.
- Train and Mentor new inside controls personnel for future self-reliance on customer visits, presentations, technical meetings, technical support, and service work.
- Attend meetings/presentations concerning TWMC business.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
Directly supervises employees, carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Monitor co-workers progress & provide feedback on improvement.
Monitor and maintain personnel records for holiday, etc.
Train and Mentor new inside applications people for future self-reliance on customer visits, presentations, and technical meetings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
CRITICAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To be qualified for this position, an individual must possess these critical skills and/or abilities and must be able to demonstrate the use of them.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university (preferably in Business, Marketing, Engineering or Industrial Distribution); and three to five years related experience and/or training selling technical products or services; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Computer knowledge required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.