Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Coordinate, supervise, assist in creating and performing test programs for chemical, physical, and electrical analysis of materials. Supervise laboratory operation and training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and review parametric and non-parametric 3D models, detailed product drawings, drawing
- Supervise laboratory operations, assignments and testing. Delegate work assignments to junior lab technicians. Schedule testing for the best use of test equipment and technician time.
- Process purchase orders for materials, machinery and maintenance work. Coordinate any required equipment maintenance with appropriate parties. Advise engineering on lab operations and equipment.
- Perform and train personnel to perform materials testing to TECO-Westinghouse or national standards. Set up, adjust, maintain, and operate test equipment improving TECO-Westinghouse material testing.
- Manage test records, test specifications and material data sheets. Document test procedures for common lab practices and procedures. Maintain computer records of above for statistical analysis.
- Control inventory of laboratory materials to insure proper testing and accuracy of test results.
- Maintain laboratory safety standards to insure safe operation of lab and safety of personnel.
- Inspect test results and perform preliminary assessment of results. Note any relevant facts which may have influenced testing.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (pride, desire, teamwork, attention to detail, follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
The position requires daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse and customers including Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Supply Chain, Service and Accounting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical field including subjects relating to electrical, mechanical, and chemical coursework, or equivalent experience in an applicable field.
- Advanced knowledge of chemistry.
- Knowledge of insulating materials.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as a laboratory technician or equivalent position.
- Thorough understanding and experience with chemical test procedures.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
As required, based on job responsibilities, education and customer specific needs.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
General supervision will be provided. Must be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively and take ownership of assigned projects in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse Motor Company’s (TWMC) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TWMC may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.