Warehouse Coordinator – Chicago, IL
Assists with shipping and receiving of inventory in a warehouse environment. Compiles records concerned with cycle count, receiving, storing, issuing and other miscellaneous. Conduct inventory transactions.
- Ensure data integrity within SAP system, performs shipping, receiving and inventory transactions. Updates cycle count program as needed or requested, researches inventory discrepancies and reports findings to Inventory Control Specialist.
- Ensures that all daily shipping, receiving and inventory transactions are done real time.
- Works closely with RR in reporting receiving discrepancies regarding containers from Taiwan and Stock transfers from other locations.
- Prepare shipping docs such as: Packing lists, bill of lading, airway bills and shipping labels.
- Maintain daily shipping log to ensure all requested orders are shipped the same day.
- Inputs all shipping charges and tracking numbers the next morning, for tractability purposes.
- Unloads/loads trucks and containers. Maintains neat and clean warehouse. Uses FIFO (first in, first out) inventory method to ensure oldest motors and parts are shipped first.
- Ensures that containers from Taiwan are unloaded, verified and moved to proper location expeditiously and SAP is updated.
- Follows company’s carrier routing guide based mode transportation, trust time and destination. Adheres to customer’s routing requests.
- Schedules trucks for daily shipments.
- Follows corporate guidelines in selection and use of Common and Airfreight carriers
- Runs daily transaction reports to ensure all daily transactions are posted correctly.
- Negotiate and buy tools and other shop supplies and services required to support shipping activities (with approval).
- Monitor the maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- Assist Branch Coordinators in modification process.
- This position may be required to fulfill regular on-call responsibilities as detailed in the TECO-Westinghouse On-Call Pay Policy.
- Support Customer Service to answer phones, check stock, prepare orders and track orders as needed.
- Obtain multiple freight quotes from Hot Shots, flatbed carriers and other expedited services.
- File claims with carriers for all warehouses for outbound and inbound shipments.
- Monitor and track the progress of Modification order to ensure on-time shipping.
- Works closely with regional sales force to ensure customer’s requirements are met.
- Maintain daily metrics spreadsheet.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to five years related experience and/or training in Receiving/Stores and Inventory Control transactions (including cycle count); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SAP experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- APICS membership helpful
- Forklift Operator Certification required.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.