Warehouse Team Leader
Coordinates activities of workers concerned with ordering, receiving, storing, inventorying, issuing, shipping, materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts, in stockroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Ware house Coordinator duties (that might carry over)
- Ensure data integrity within SAP system, performs shipping, receiving and inventory transactions. Researches inventory discrepancies and reports findings to Inventory Control Specialist.
- Ensures that all daily shipping, receiving and inventory transactions are done real time. Works closely with RR in reporting receiving discrepancies regarding containers from Taiwan and Stock transfers from other locations.
- Prepare shipping docs such as: Packing lists, bill of lading, airway bills and shipping labels.
- Maintain daily shipping log to ensure all requested orders are shipped the same day.
- Inputs all shipping charges and tracking numbers the next morning, for tractability purposes.
- Unloads/loads trucks and containers. Maintains neat and clean warehouse. Uses FIFO (first in, first out) inventory method to ensure oldest motors and parts are shipped first.
- Ensures that containers from Taiwan are unloaded, verified and moved to proper location promptly and Syteline is updated.
- Follows company’s carrier routing guide based mode transportation, trust time and destination. Adheres to customer’s routing requests.
- Schedules trucks for daily shipments.
- Follows corporate guidelines in selection and use of Common and Airfreight carriers
- Runs daily transaction reports to ensure all daily transactions are posted correctly.
- Negotiate and buy tools and other shop supplies and services required to support shipping activities (with approval).
- Monitor the maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- Assist Branch Coordinators in modification process.
- This position may be required to fulfill regular on-call responsibilities as detailed in the TECO-Westinghouse On-Call Pay Policy.
- Support Customer Service to answer phones, check stock, prepare orders and track orders as needed.
Warehouse Team Leader (additional responsibilities)
- Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, and maintaining inventory.
- Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels of materials used by this department.
- Schedules work for special and periodic inventories.
- Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Compliance with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace is required.
- Compliance with all Company policies is required, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards and compliance with Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporate the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TECO-Westinghouse (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail, Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Other functions as required (non-essential functions).
- Will fill in as the acting supervisor while their supervisor is on vacation.
- Provides input to the Branch Coordinator on the coordination of activities of employees in the Warehouse.
- Carries out team leader responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include assisting in interviewing, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work for multiple shift operations; making recommendations for rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Participates in planning personnel safety and plant protection activities.
- Prepares monthly activity reports and status of performance measures; maintains attendance schedules; provides input to support development of annual performance appraisals.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to six years related receiving/stores/shipping or warehousing experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- May require the ability to write routine reports and correspondence, and the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Use of calculator and personal computer; familiarity with Microsoft applications desired.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Certified Fork Lift Operator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Resumes along with salary requirements should be sent to:
Benefits & Opportunities
We offer a competitive compensation package, attractive benefits, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and many opportunities to continue your professional growth.
Qualified candidates should send résumés along with salary requirements and the title of the position that is being applied for to:
Attn: Human Resources
5100 North IH-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.