Active – FULL TIME REGULAR
Round Rock, TX, US
Administer and resolve after-market warranty issues on all motors manufactured for and by TECO-Westinghouse in Round Rock and Taiwan. Review drawings and factory test reports in order to support customers with technical questions related to the maintenance and performance of motors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enforce contractual warranty terms and conditions.
- Identify, collect and resolve field problems through coordination of appropriate TECO-Westinghouse personnel and/or outside organizations.
- As required, establish daily contact with all levels of TECO-Westinghouse: Field Sales, Contracts, Engineering, Marketing, Factory Operations, Service Division, Traffic, Accounting and Treasury.
- Research warranty claims in order to justify cost and determine where cost should be allocated.
- Read TECO-Westinghouse drawings and wiring diagrams in order to support customers and subcontractors with information needed in the repair of electric motors.
- Review test performance data and process specifications to support customers and subcontractors with information needed in the repair of electric motors.
- Coordinate field coverage for inspection and/or repairs of motors through factory personnel or outside consultants.
- Provide guidance to customers on advisability of making repairs in field or sending motor to local shop or feasibility of returning motor to TECO-Westinghouse to repair.
- Negotiate with repair shops on work to be performed in the field or in the shop and monitor scope and cost of field work performed by customer, contractor or agents.
- Coordinate with customer return of motors to TECO-Westinghouse for repairs when necessary. Work with Factory Operations and Service Division to resolve warranty issues on these motors and follow through to completion.
- Issue requisitions for materials required to resolve field problems and follow to completion.
- Coordinate the shipment of ship-short items, installation of items at customer site and closing the EAN.
- On warranty parts: request and obtain parts, have them inspected and shipped to the field. If needed contract outside source to install at customer site.
- Coordinate and communicate with factory operations on repairs or other corrective actions required at the factory in Round Rock and Taiwan.
- Update and post Field Assistance Report (FAR) Database records.
- Travel to installation sites to investigate and/or resolve field problems
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university, preferred; or two to four years related experience and/or training in motor manufacturing or motor repair service industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer knowledge required. Microsoft Office proficiency is a must.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of design, application, manufacturing and customer industry practices and requirements.
- General knowledge of the industrial, fossil and nuclear power generation industry.
- Good communication skills
- Computer experience necessary – Word processing, Excel, Access
- Capability of learning Syteline and other programs associated with job
TECO-Westinghouse’s (TECO-Westinghouse) Management reserves the right to revise, change or modify the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time to meet business and organizational needs. This position description may not list all duties for this position. The incumbent in the position may be asked to perform other duties. This position description is not a contract for employment and either the incumbent or TECO-Westinghouse may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.