Round Rock, TX, US
Intermediate member of a manufacturing team. Works with minimum direction from the Team Leader or Supervisor. Assists in training and direction of junior team members. Responsible for overall quality of the product.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works in a variety of highly technical manufacturing areas to include machining, winding, coil and other
- assembly, painting, testing and shipping. Demonstrates specialized skills such as metals joining, performance testing, complex machining and test set-up, and specialized equipment operation.
- Trains/assists team members to build quality products through operation of equipment and manufacturing technique.
- Operates move equipment and makes complex overhead crane lifts.
- Oversees the quality of the product through understanding of the product and processes and insures in-process operator checks are performed and within specification.
- Works in a safe and efficient method while maintaining a clean work area.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Performs quality work and exhibits pride in his/her efforts to manufacture to customer and TWMC standards.
- Complies with applicable Company policies concerning maintaining a drug free workplace.
- Complies with all Company policies, including adherence to Company ISO 9001 Standards, Company Affirmative Action Plan and Company Safety procedures.
- Incorporates the Standards of Excellence as outlined by TWMC (Pride, Desire, Teamwork, Attention to Detail and Follow-through) into daily activities in order to create a Total Quality environment through personal commitment to excellence.
- Performs other related additional responsibilities as assigned.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, & FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS
Interacts with team members. Has frequent contacts with customers through witness tests and shop tours.
To be successful at this job, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum 1-3 years as a Winder I or 5 to 10 years of similar electrical or mechanical experience.
- Minimum of 1-3 years as a Manufacturing Specialist II, or 5 to 10 years comparable electrical and/or mechanical assembly experience.
- Autobody or similar paint shop experience with sprayed finishes is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, using whole numbers and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Receives work assignments from team leader. Works with minimal direction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee frequently is required to walk, talk, sit, hear, and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places, and fumes or airborne particles. Other exposures include wet and/or humid conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme heat and risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually high.
Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans Equal Opportunity Employer.