Categories: AC Drives - Medium Voltage, Drives and Controls
1500 HP through 40,000 HP
Medium Voltage Custom AC Drives - VersaBridge®TECO-Westinghouse is pleased to now offer a complete package of Variable Speed Drive (VSD) systems that includes an Input/ Output Switchgear, Medium Voltage Drive (MVD), and motors. VersaBridge® MVDs provide reliable motor control for a variety of industry specific and general purpose applications including Oil & Gas, Utility/ Power Generation, Metals and Mines. These patented MVDs are designed utilizing a multilevel H-Bridge topology that reduces the harmonic levels to extremely low levels. The modular design facilitates ease of installation, commissioning and maintenance. The VersaBridge® is an innovative product that combines reliable, simple, and compact solutions with the latest power electronics and cooling technologies.
- Modularity Modular design with common building blocks (Cube, Slices, Mains) makes the VersaBridge® MVD scalable for different power ratings with fewer spare parts. Power Electronics Modules (Cubes) can be easily removed for maintenance.
- Quick and Easy Installation There are configurable power cable entries/exits on the top, bottom, or both. There are no field cabling requirements to connect the assembled Mains and Slice sections.
- Serviceability Modular design requires few spare parts. Additionally, the parts are universal and can be used in any configuration regardless of the voltage or power class.
- Multilevel, Cascaded, H-Bridge Topology This produces near sinusoidal wave output which reduces motor harmonics and torque pulsation, even at low speeds with virtually no cable length restriction.
- Ultra Low Line-Side Harmonics These harmonics are fully compatible with new or existing motor installations without the need for an external filter and exceed IEEE-519 standard requirements.
- Bypass Manual/Automatic The VersaBridge® MVD has isolating contactors within each Cube. In the event of a fault, contactors will isolate the faulty Slice and allow the MVD to restart, catching the spinning motor.
- Flying Start into a Spinning Load The VersaBridge® MVD offers the ability to catch a spinning load without any torque, voltage, or current having a negative impact on the equipment.
- N+1 … N+N Redundancy In addition to the Slice bypass option, the drive can be configured to have additional redundancy options for continued operation at full rated output power.
- Power Dip Ride-Through The VersaBridge® MVD design provides a five cycle power loss ride-through to keep the process running without the need for auxiliary UPS.
- One Drive for Multiple Motors The VersaBridge® MVD can start multiple motors and transfer them synchronously to utility lines and back to the drive.
- Industry Standard Ethernet Modbus Communication Standard protocol allows the VersaBridge® MVDs to easily communicate with various SCADA or DCS systems.